The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) is the premier cross-culturally valid assessment for building cultural competence in your school or organization.
- Decide how you will engage with the IDIThe IDI must be administered by an IDI Qualified Administrator (QA). You can attend an IDI Qualifying Seminar to become a QA or hire a QA to manage your IDI project.
- Complete the Intercultural Development InventoryAccess to complete the IDI is managed by an IDI Qualified Administrator who purchases and administers the assessment.
- Utilize IDI results for intercultural developmentIDI results are reviewed by a QA with individuals or groups and results can inform next steps for intercultural development.
- ConsultingThe IDI is an excellent tool for consultants to engage with a variety of clients who wish to gain insight into their intercultural competence.
- IndividualsAlthough the IDI is typically used as part of a larger organizational initiative, individuals may wish to meet with an IDI QA to complete the IDI and learn more about the assessment for use in their organization.
Professor Emeritus of Speech Communication, Napa Valley College
Neo Thurston, Jr
Inclusion and Diversity, Best Buy
Co Founder & Director, Intercultural Understanding
Research & Publications
Interested in ways the IDI has been used in research? Explore a list of studies using the IDI.
IDI QA Database
Looking to engage with the IDI but not ready to become a Qualified Administrator (QA) or train QAs within your organization? Start here to find a QA for your project.
Looking for more information about the IDI? We have more than 100 articles in our knowledge base that address a variety of IDI-related topics.
The Intercultural Conflict Style® (ICS®) Inventory is an excellent cross culturally valid assessment for helping individuals and groups to better understand their approach to conflict, improve communication, and resolve conflict across cultural differences. The ICS can be used in conjunction with the IDI or as a standalone tool.